Sunday, October 6, 2013

Experiencing Busan... from your couch (or pew)

My dad - ever the conscientious father - texted me this week to inform me that The Presbyterian Church in Canada's website now included some of my thoughts on going to Busan, as well as the address to this blog. So, welcome Canadian Presbyterians! Thanks for stopping by.

I was happy to provide a short paragraph to church offices about how I'm feeling at this point in my preparations for Busan. One of the biggest challenges in going, I think, will be to communicate with churches here at home about the experience before, during and after. That's how we, as the PCC, as congregations and as individuals, become more engaged in the work of the World Council of Churches, right? And how we, even from our little corner of the world, can work for Christian unity. I guess that's part of the point of this blog - so that you can share in my preparations and experiences.

The WCC has also prepared a resource for congregations, which I would highly recommend to you and your churches. Pilgrimage to Busan is a six-part study that includes guides for leaders and participants that, "explores themes of Christian unity, justice and peace..." Guides for leaders and participants are included - so much of the work is already done for you! Check it out and let me know what you think. The WCC has also put together songs, prayers and other resources that you can use in worship or study. Take this opportunity to engage as much as you can with this exciting event... and avoid the jet lag! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment