Monday, October 28, 2013

Hey Seoul sister...

I only have one full day in Seoul as part of my trip, and today was it! It was a very full day. I am exhausted now, but I am counting on that to help me deal with my jetlag. It was a bit of a whirlwind, but I had some great experiences:

- a lovely walk along Cheonggyecheon, a restored stream / public recreation area. The area has a bit of a controversial past.

- strolls through markets and shopping areas (with thousands of other people. seriously. thousands.): artsy-craftsy Insadong, regular ol' Namdaemun Market, swanky Myeong-Dong (with some of the same stores we have in Canada).




- a tour around Gyeongbokgung Palace. I cannot get enough of the colours painted on these historic / traditional buildings. Breathtaking.



- a trip to the top of Namsun Mountain in a cable car.


- a tasty Korean lunch - bibimbap - while sitting on a cushion on the floor, and a delicious dinner of tofu and vegetable soup with kimchi on the side.


A truly wonderful day. I may have time for a few more things tomorrow morning, and then it's off to Busan.

1 comment:

  1. Some really great shots of Seoul, Laura. You capture it so well. I'm craving some bibimbap now ;-) Stay safe...

    ReplyDelete