Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Better late than never...

Most people who blog about trips do it while the trip is taking place. I did not do this (clearly). I wasn't planning on putting together a blog about my time in Palestine and Israel. I wasn't sure how good the internet connections would be throughout my trip, and, frankly, whether I would have enough energy at the end of the day to put my thoughts online. I also wasn't sure that I would have anything else to contribute to the myriad of conversations on trips to the Holy Land. People go on Christian pilgrimages all the time.

But now that I am home, I have had some time to reflect, and I think that a blog will be a good way to tell you of my travels, of what we saw and witnessed in the Holy Land. We did not travel as most people on Christian pilgrimages travel. We went to the holy places, yes, but we also got a taste of what daily life is like for Palestinians, including Palestinian Christians. We felt the presence of the spirit in many places over those two weeks.

So stay tuned... I will try to put an entry up every few days. I hope that I will be able to do justice to my experiences in Palestine and Israel - that you will be able to get a sense of what is happening in that land.

No comments:

Post a Comment